Thursday, August 27, 2015

Chocolate Cheesecake Tartlets - THM S

I was inspired yesterday by a YouFood friend to get creative and make something yummy that follows the Trim Healthy Mama plan.

So today I had some time and decided I would try to make chocolate cheesecake tartlets.  I started by using my favorite pie crust recipe from Elana's Pantry. It is super yummy and super easy, which makes it super duper right?

Okay, I'll just leave that alone.

I mixed up a batch of pie crust, divided it into 24 pieces and pushed each piece into my mini muffin pan that was waiting with liners in it.







I baked them for about 8 minutes, until edges were lightly browned. I then set them aside to cool.




Next I made a batch of whipped topping using heavy whipping cream, you can see how I do that here.

I put it in the fridge to stay cool.

Heat up your coconut oil and mix in the cocoa. 



Put the cocoa mixture into your mixing bowl with your softened cream cheese and sweet blend and mix with the paddle until thoroughly combined and smooth.

Then fold in two cups of your whipped cream, gently until well combined. Place it back in the fridge to set up a little.

Then I mixed up a batch of ooey, gooey, yummy caramel sauce. Oh my word I love this stuff!!
 I'm talking I could just eat it out of the jar with a spoon. Or in my coffee. Or with skinny chocolate. Or off a spoon, did I say that already. Yes. It. Is. GOOD!
You can find the recipe I use here.
I also put it in the fridge to cool.

When everything is cooled and you are ready it is time for the fun part. Assembling.

Just take a crust, top with a small scoop of the chocolate cheesecake, follow with a nice dollop of whipped cream and a generous drizzle of caramel yumminess.




Then savor each bite, both of them - because these are tartlets. Think small. 
Then think these are small... and on plan.... so I can have another one. 
Oh yeah!

Chocolate Cheesecake Filling:
8 oz softened cream cheese
6 Tbsp cocoa
2 Tbsp coconut oil
2 Tbsp sweet blend
2 cups whipped cream

I apologize for not having more pictures, my computer is really acting up and it took way too long just to get these loaded. I will try to edit this post another time and add more photos.

I hope you enjoy them!

These are a Trim Healthy Mama S dessert.

Blessings,
Rashel

I think this would also be great as a regular pie! The tartlets are nice to take to a potluck or dinner though.

*Next time I think I am going to make the crusts thinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment